Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Dazed and Confused

This morning one of my seventh grade boys was singing a nursery rhyme.  It's one we all know. Here's what he sang.  

Eeni, meeni, myhni, moe, 
Catch a tiger by the toe,
Hippie hollered, 
"Let him go!"
Eeni, meeni, myhni, moe.

Did you catch that?

I thought the third and fourth line read:
If he hollers,
Let him go.

I like the new line better though.  It kinda caught my funny bone.  In my mind's eye I imagined some poor seventh grade student clutching a tiger by its toe while in the background a much-offended PETA person calls for his freedom.

The long haired, tye-died t-shirt wearing beatnik calls out, "Dude!  Let the little kitty go!"  

3 comments:

Keara said...

you make me laugh - i was laughing about that for a long time after we hung up...

Jenny said...

Hilarious.

Unknown said...

LOL! I like that version better too.