Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Third Break Down.

Although I was to upset to video the horrific episode I broke down AGAIN in the wilds of Northern New Mexico. Yes, it's true. Three breakdowns on the same trip. In fact, what broke? Remember the new tire they put on my Uhaul trailer Thursday afternoon? Yeah, that tire sheered off in a one-lane-both-way construction zone with no shoulder to pull off on. When I finally got both the Explorer and Uhaul off the rode I inspected the Uhaul to find that the tire and rim had sheered completely off. It was all gone. For all I know the tire is still rolling through New Mexico today.

I called Uhaul and attempted to calmly share my displeasure. This time I left the trailer where it was, drove to the closest hotel (30 miles away), got a room, and asked Uhaul to call me when everything was ready to go.

Broke down at 9:30 pm. Got back on the road the next day at 11:30 am. I was not happy.

BY THE WAY . . . If anyone knows the best way for me to call Uhaul and ask for a full refund of my trailer costs and hotel cost, I would appreciate any advice I can get.

1 comment: