Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Still Stuck and No Lugnuts.



At five in the morning a wrecker finally arrived to jump my Explorer and tow my trailer into the nearest town. As soon as I could drive I got back on I-70 in the hopes of finding a nice comfortable hotel at the next exit. Instead I found a nasty hole in the wall. "Who cares!" I thought. I just wanted to sleep.

By 5:30 I was crawling into a bed shared with numerous other little creatures I didn't want to think about. At nine Uhaul woke me with the phone call that they'd be sending someone to help me. Yeah, I had heard that one before. Help arrived at noon. However, the help didn't bring any lugnuts which had disappeared from the tire at some point during the night before. This new mechanic then had to drive an hour round trip just to find the right nuts.

I broke down at 8:30 pm. It was now 1:30 pm.

No comments: