Friday, August 21, 2009

AAAAAHHH!!!!

The walls are starting to close in, evidenced not the least by the fact I just spelled "walls" as w-a-a-l-s-s.

Block plans are due today.

Syllabuses should be turned in today.

The lengthy faculty manual is to be read by today.

Unit plans, due Monday.

Lesson plans, due Monday.

Classroom setup, due Monday.

Slideshow for a bride and groom, due next Saturday, but they're clamoring to have it early.

I NEED a dresser for my bedroom. The shelves in the closet can only hold so many jeans, t-shirts, socks and underwear. No, this isn't a necessity on the To Do List, but my OCD personality ignites every time I step into my unorganized bedroom.

First day of school, Tuesday.

I'm really feeling the pressure. Part of this is good. I'm not messing around. I'm not wasting time, which I feel often can be the bane of my existence, but I also feel like the walls of this new job are about to topple down upon me.

Ok, venting done . . . I know what I need. I've got to set my textbooks aside for a few moments this morning and dig into the Word. I need to trust in the Lord, with all my heart, and not lean on my own understanding. I must remember the verses from several days ago. God is a VERY present help in trouble.

Why art thou cast down, O my soul? Why art thou disquieted within me? HOPE IN GOD!!!

No comments: