Monday, March 23, 2009

I, Strobist


For the last few months I've been following a growing trend in digital photography: Off-Camera Lighting.  Tonight I finally got the opportunity to try it.  

My desire to start experimenting with the lighting was crushed a month and a half ago when one of my students accidentally broke my camera and flash.  I put the dream on hold until I found the opportunity to pick up a second flash and get my first flash fixed.  Tonight all the pieces came together.  

I started by messing with the camera and flash in my living room, but after a bit grew bored and moved outside.  Rather than driving to some place around town and being taken for a looney, I just walked across my lawn to the abandoned house next door.  Our church bought it several months ago and plans to turn the place into a parking lot.  For now it was nice to use it as a creepy background.  

I'll put a picture or two here for now, then throw the rest on later.  

For more information on this, head to STROBIST.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Keara said...

I don't know what all of this means, but it shore is purty! :) I LOVE YOU TONS!